WHERE WE LIVE … ALL LOCAL ARTISTS INVITED !June 29th, 2016
It’s hard to believe that it is 5 years since, with the help of the Bradley Stoke & Little Stoke Gifford Matters, Susan gathered a small group of local Artists who were keen on the idea of an Art Group in the area, a place to meet and paint alongside like-minded people away from the distractions of home. It is brilliant to see the Group now an established part of the Community. Membership is ever changing, and although the Thursday morning group is currently full with a Waiting List, there are Places available on Tuesday evenings, and from just £2 per Studio Session it is definitely affordable art. To find out more please visit their website at stokesart0.wix.com/stokes-art-group.
The very first Art Competition staged as a competition by Susan Hartry, Founder of the South Gloucestershire Stokes Art Group, back in the autumn of 2011, was to sketch or paint a scene from our local area. At that time Bradley Stoke Matters was pleased to be invited to select a Winner and a small token prize was awarded. The collective Gallery now has pride of place on the Home Page of their website!
To mark the Group’s 5th Anniversary, the subject for this year’s Autumn Project will carry exactly the same Brief, with the difference that this time the Project is …OPEN TO ALL LOCAL ARTISTS TO TAKE PART !!
To enter the SAG ‘Where We Live’ Art Competition, all you have to do is draw or paint a local scene, shop, pub, landmark, building or landscape within or near the six South Gloucestershire Stokes – even your own house. Any medium can be used as long as it is a 2D artwork (excluding photographs), overall paper size no larger than standard A3, and should not be mounted or framed; a maximum of 2 artworks can be entered per person.
Entries should be initially submitted as clear digital images emailed to Susan, who will add a random selection to the SAG ‘Where We Live’ online Gallery. Depending on numbers, a Display of the Originals will be on show at the Stokes Art Group Awards Evening Event on Tuesday 22 November at Christ The King Church in Bradley Stoke.
A Winning Entry will be chosen and a small prize awarded both from the Members’ Entries, and from the Public Entries, as well as Certificates to Entries Placed 2nd and 3rd. As we are a self-funding Art Group, relying solely upon members’ subscriptions, our Prizes are small but well received on the basis that – it is not the winning that matters, it is the taking part that counts!!
It’s all a bit of fun really!!
How to Enter:
• Register your entry to the SAG ‘Where We Live’ Art Project Competition, by sending a short paragraph about your Art, by email to Susan as soon as possible (see below).
• Please include your name, age if under 18yrs, the area where you live, & a contact number so that we can get in touch if we need to.
• Clear digital .jpg images of your entries should be emailed by 30th September 2016.
• Title your .jpg files as per the location of your Entry eg. Aztec Duck Pond, RAC Tower, Stoke Lane, Patchway Station, The Three Brooks Pub, Parkway Station, My House in Elm Close, St Michael’s Church Stoke Gifford, etc.
• Copyright of all artworks should rightfully belong to, and is the sole responsibility of, the Artist.
• Open to all Artists resident of the six Stokes and surrounding areas, all ages, and all abilities.
• Open to non-members of the Stokes Art Group
• A small levy of £2 per Entry is applied to non-Members.
• Please SAVE THE DATE: by Invitation, you and your original Artworks should be available for display at the SAG Awards Evening Event on 22 November. You will be notified by the end of October if your Entry has been selected for the display.
• Email address – [email protected]
• SAG Website – http://stokesart0.wix.com/stokes-art-groupBack to news