Bradley Stoke Post 16 students achieve best ever resultsAugust 17th, 2019
BSCS is delighted to share the outstanding results achieved by our Post 16 students with over 32% of all grades achieved at A*- A and 62% A*- B. The unprecedented success of our students is testament to their hard work and dedication and is richly deserved. This is the fourth year in a row that we have celebrated our best ever Post 16 results, students have made more progress between their GCSE results and A Level results than ever before.
Headteacher Steve Moir expressed his pride in the students’ achievement: “Our students worked incredibly hard and showed real resilience and commitment to achieve these results. I would also like to extend my thanks to our dedicated staff, who always set high standards and have provided our young people with every opportunity to fulfil their potential. We would like to wish everyone receiving their results today every success whatever they choose to do next.”
As always, there are some outstanding individual performances, including:
- Emma Draper who achieved 1A* (Art) and 2As (History & Psychology) who is taking a Gap Year next year.
- Jess Lomax who achieved 2A*s (Politics & Sociology) and 1B (English Literature) and is leaving to study Politics at the London School of Economics.
- Lauren Hicks who achieved 1A* (EPQ), 2As (Chemistry & Maths) and 1B (Biology) and is going to study Medicine at the University of Nottingham.
- Ryan Edwards who achieved 1A* (Biology) and 2As (Maths and Physics) and will be at the University of Exeter studying Civil Engineering.
- Danielle Fear who achieved 1A* (Sociology) and 2As (History and Psychology) who is taking a Gap Year before applying for a Psychology in Education course at Bristol University.
- Olivia Gibbs who achieved 1A* (Psychology), 1A (Biology) and 1B (Chemistry) and is off to Cardiff University to study Diagnostic Radiography.
- Priya Mistry who achieved 3As (Biology, Chemistry & Maths) who will be studying Pharmacy at Cardiff University.
- Jessica Pham who achieved 3As (Business Studies, Chemistry and Psychology) who is going to the University of Warwick to study International Management.
- Sim Ashford who achieved 1Distinction* (Music Technology), 1A (Maths) and 1B (Physics) who travelling to Australia as part of a Gap Year next year.
The average grade per entry has increased from a C grade to a B grade this year and there were some particularly stand out results in the following subjects:
• 50% of grades in Maths were A* – A
• 67% of grades in Chemistry were A* – B
• 65% of grades in Business and Art were A* – B
Assistant Headteacher and Director of Post 16, Tom Hill was delighted with the spectacular results. “These results have come as a direct result and reward of the relentless commitment and effort that students and staff have put in over the past two years. I am thrilled that all their efforts have paid off and we wish them the very best for the future.”Back to news